Drbi.com.br Review:Doctor Blue Negócios Imobiliários | Tel.: 11 2786-8889 - Doctor Blue Negócios Imobiliários
Country: South America, BR, Brazil
I give the mini 5 stars. It has everything that it's larger sibling has but just in a pint size easy to hold body. Much bigger than my iPhone 5 but not so big and heavy that I can't use it with one hand. Great for reading, email, photo editing. It is my primary business tool for my small business.
The Uppababy G-Luxe is not my "regular" stroller for walks and shopping (I have the Britax B-ready), but it is perfect for all the other places that I need to go that don't allow the space or don't have elevators for a bigger bulkier stroller.
I purchased the G-Luxe after realizing that it is really a pain to haul a large stroller around with me especially in restaurants or to the doctors office. Also, my older daughters private school has NO ELEVATOR and her class is on the third floor, so unless I feel like holding my 22lb squirmy son for the hour or more meetings they have, I now have a perfect option with the G-Luxe. I can carry the stroller over my shoulder while still holding my son in my arms by using the carry strap, and it is so lightweight (especially in comparison to my big boy!)
The G-Luxe was extremely simple to put together out of the box, I received mine around September 20th, 2013 as it was part of a new batch from UppaBaby, and I believe that they had made some minor changes to address some apparent issues with the 2013 model. I waited approximately 1 month from my time of order (from Bambi Baby), which was a bit painful, but worth it to know I had the latest model.
It is very easy to push and steer, and really is a well made product.
1. Easy to fold/setup
2. Very light
3. Nice canopy!
4. Easy to push/steer
5. Stands up when folded! (great when taking LO out of the car)
6. Carry Strap integrated
7. Easy to clean, seat and pad fully removable (LO tested this out by vomiting all over it around 2 weeks after arrival, I could remove and sanitize everything, no smells after, thankfully)
8. Great colors
9. Adjustable footrest
10. Perfect handle height/no kicking wheels or stroller when walking with long paces
11. Shocks (have not tested extensively, but seem to do a good enough job over minor rough terrain like cobbles or brick paving)
1. Canopy sometimes pops off while folding/unfolding (doesn't seem to be a strong latch) not a huge issue but takes that extra minute to finagle
2. Expensive, but really in the end was worth it. I compared to other higher end umbrellas and it really came out on top, but considering I paid $280 for my 2013 b-ready, and $210 for my g-luxe, I know it would otherwise be a hard sell for some. Only after staying away from my favorite restaurants/events due to large stroller issues, did I cave and pay the $
3. Doesn't fold as compact as I would think for a umbrella stroller. It takes up one whole backseat, or a good portion of my trunk which I was not prepared for. I think it is due to the canopy, and the angle it folds into.
4. No peekaboo window. Its a shame, but I really would have liked one, even just a tiny little one...
Overall, I have had no major issues regarding the stroller or manufacturing. I see a lot of low star reviews based on problems which Uppababy seems to have addressed. The stroller has done for my family what it needs to do, which is provide convenience without skimping on comfort.
I purchased this for my mother who suffers from Macular Degeneration and can no longer read regular font text. The "readers" that are offered to such patients can present difficulties since they are essentially a large screen magnifier. The font size for a Kindle can be selected as large, and after downloading a book and selecting the largest font, my mother can read her book independently. While she does have to "turn the pages" quite a bit, it is easy to do, requiring only a slight swipe of her finger. She loves the Kindle. I am also going to try out audio books to see which she prefers. I also thought I would try the newest paperwhite since the Fire's video streaming feature is not used by my mother and its screen in glass & shiny, which can create unwanted glare.