Gaithersburg.md Review:Gaithersburg Doctors - Ask A Doctor, Find A Doctor, Best Doctor, Rated Doctor in Gaithersburg - Find Gaithersburg doctors, Gaithersburg dentists, specialists and medical info that points you to a local healthcare resource to solve a medical problem
Country: North America, US, United States
City: 78218 San Antonio, Texas
- Azcowgirl - Three weeks in...& in LOVE!First, I would like to say I ordered this based on the amazing reviews, which is why I feel I have to leave one.
I am almost 30 & have had problem skin since puberty. 5 years ago I was sure I would "grow out of it" but of course, that wasn't meant to be. My skin is pale, freckled, combination, extremely sensitive & prone to every kind of acne possible (whiteheads, blackheads, cystic, etc.). I ride horses, hunt, hike, garden, camp, etc and spend a lot of time outside in the sun, wind, snow, rain, whatever & my skin hates me for it, but its my life & I refuse to stop! I have tried every drugstore wash, proactive (worked for 2 years then suddenly stopped working), SkinID (worked well enough most of the time), and oil cleansing. OCM was my last endeavor--tried it for 5 months & everytime I thought I was getting my oils right & getting the hang of it I would have a horrible breakout. I even switched to a gluten-free, sugar free diet to help my skin (which actually does make a huge difference).
After Christmas and the worst "time of the month" breakout I've had in YEARS. I'm talking 4-5 gigantic cystic welts on my face at a time, I decided to give up OCM & did some research.
The first week of the regimen was hard. Making my skin change back from oil to chemicals really seemed to make me break out more that week, but I knew I had to stick with it. The second week is actually when my skin became the most dry, I added in jojoba oil at night with the moisturizer & it helped greatly, Week 3, I have seen NO new breakouts, all the old stuff has almost completely healed, and I'm getting a good handle on the dryness. It is so strange to see my face without makeup on and my skin looks good! No redness, all the same color and healthy looking! Scary!
I have a history of horrible hormonal acne around "that time of the month." Just went through that WITHOUT A SINGLE BREAKOUT! Never. That has never happened ever.
Even so, I am still skeptical. I have had amazing results to this point & hope to update in 6 months & report the same thing. Time will tell.
My thoughts: Try it. Yes, it is more than I really wanted to spend, but no more than SkinID or Proactiv. Read the directions carefully & follow them thoroughly. Don't touch your face (or do so as little as possible) throughout the day & definitely don't pop your pimples (a bad habit I've had a hard time breaking). This stuff will heal those so there's no reason to do more damage by opening your skin up. I have not used as much as the instructions say. I use one pump of cleanser--it lathers so much I see no reason to use 2, and I use 1 or 1.5 pumps moisturizer--it takes so long to rub in & I really don't want to stand there and moisturize my face for 3 minutes. I want to follow directions & I want it to work, but I am also into making it last. If I stop seeing results or if I don't continue to see results then I'll bump up the amount!
Best of luck!
7 months in & still using the acne.org products with great results. I follow the directions to a "T" and get maybe one pimple worth noticing a month. I also started using 1/2 moisturizer and 1/2 AHA at night and that seems to help my skin's smoothness and greatly reduces flakiness. SOOO much better than anything I have ever tried and I remain extremely satisfied with the products!
- Judy Knight - Loving my ipad mini!!!!Love it! Easy to work with and will not buy anything else after trying a Surface tablet too. Just ordered another one for my husband.
- Robyn G Phillips - Excellent step by step detailsHaylie does a great job of going into the science behind the process she advocates. She gives you lots of options and ways to make this program work for you. I like the fact that she realizes that not everyone likes to spends hours in the kitchen cooking, so she builds in shortcuts that keep you on track. Great read.
- Lorraine Leidholdt - The compromised digestive systemI use this product daily and have for several years. Abdominal surgery resulted in a bowel blockage for me that put me in the hospital for days. I survived. Without Align, my system refuses to work correctly since then. I did try other products, but this one is the only one that works for me, Besides that, it has been clinically proven to work and made specifically for people with Crohns, irritable bowel and other such issues.
It comes with a money back guarantee if it doesn't work. How could anyone go wrong? Research it.
- ComfyShoeMaven - Love the Lavender!I've used the Sweet Almond Mint, Tea Tree, and now Lavender. Of the three, I like the Lavender the best.
I have very short, fine, naturally curly hair that tends to be very dry. After I used the Lavender, my hair was very soft, shiny and manageable. Because I have very short hair, I don't need to use much of this product, so it's a bit more cost-effective for me than it would be for someone with long hair.
The only downside is, I don't like the Lavender smell. I gave this five stars anyway because the smell goes away pretty quickly, and I can live with it for the short time it takes to shampoo.
Since I have travel sizes of the Fig and Pomegranate, I'm going to try those as well, but I can't imagine them making my hair look any better than the Lavender did.
I have a message for Wen. Please work on your fragrances. Of the three I've used, none of them has smelled very good. In fact, if you could come up with a fragrance-free product, I'd really appreciate it.