Herpesmedication.org Review:Herpes Treatment Medications - Medications and related information for Herpes Treatment.
Country: North America, US, United States
City: 77092 Houston, Texas
Norton woke-up in 2009/10 making the interface user-friendly and its signature updates running in the background making the software less resource-hogging. It's continuing the same trend this year (NIS2012) with a little less cluttered interface - meaning most features automated for the novice user, but you have to dig in deep to make advanced changes. It works well with Windows7 as well as Win XP if you care (I don't have Vista - so cannot comment about that).
1. Installation: As in the recent versions of NIS, installation was a snap. It took under 2 minutes, but needed a restart. If you have existing license for NIS, download the update from support -> check for new version menu item from within NIS. You can update the license number from the disk later when your license is about to expire. In previous version(s), NIS overwrote existing license period if you upgraded from disk. I havent checked it on this version (I still have about 90 days left, too risky!!).
2. Interface: The main interface is less cluttered, but a new addition is a big status window (floating gadget) on the upper right corner of your screen with large buttons for different menus. Most buttons on these menus are for other Norton products unrelated to NIS (annoying). For example button for on-line back-up (costs extra!) or mobile protection for android (free), parental control (free) etc. I havent found an easy way to get rid of this yet! (Alright! It's easy. There is a close button next to it and if you close it, it does not reappear after a restart).
3. Setting up: Most of the settings are done by default and should be fine for the average user. For example how often to scan your computer, what time of the day, which files to allow to connect to the internet etc. If you need advanced settings, most of those are just a couple of clicks away and mostly easy to find. There are some menu items that could have been done better. If you had existing trusted network information from previous NIS, those are retained which is good.
4. Security: As in previous versions, NIS was good at detecting most of the commonly bothering cookies and adware. Everytime you download a file, it is checked for viruses and if it is from a trusted website and there is a pop-up saying it is clean. Similarly, like previous versions, Norton safe search marks results from google searches as safe or not. you can check website security by looking for norton trusted symbol e.g. bank sites or amazon.com - that way you wont enter your password in a phising site.
5. What's new? Like mentioned above the annoying floating gadget is new. The primary interface is less cluttered but at the same time advanced settings are easily accessible from different menus. The new version does appear to be a little faster than 2011. might be significant on older systems.
Overall, very good protection with minimal resource usage.
Part game, part workout video, Your Shape is a great solution for people that need to get more activity in their day. I have high blood pressure and need to be more active to help control it. I also am one of those people who dreads exercise, but Your Shape helps make exercise more enjoyable. If you are already in great physical shape, then this product may not be for you. But if you need a boost to get up off your butt and move, or maintain your fitness level, then this is a great way to do it. I live in Wisconsin, and some winters can be quite long, so this helps stay active while indoors. There are more options than I expected to keep me interested and target areas of my body. The old saying "There is no better medicine than sweat" will ring true here as several days later you will notice how much easier it is to improve time and scores. The kinect sensor works well for me, though this is not for people with cramped play areas. In closing, if you are inactive, or need to increase your activity, this is a highly recommended way to increase your daily activity.